Sunday, February 13, 2011

2nd week and i what?!

So I knocked out week number two in fine shape.... except I decided to add a cleanse onto the mix. As the time for the cleanse drew near I thought to myself, "really, you just started this other project and now you want to cleanse too?" To which I responded, "but all the other kids are doing it!" And it was true around 5 people from the co-op decided to jump in together, and then a couple of my housemates joined in. It was actually a relatively easy cleanse and it helped perfect some recipes, like: I have a rockin' almond milk, some killer snacks, and a tasty coconut milk not from a can! As a side note: one night, soon I hope, I want to have an Indian dinner where I/a group of us, make the coconut milk, the curry paste, and maybe event the naan, or whatever comes up, totally from scratch.... sounds fun.

I did learn one vital lesson in this past week. I need to cook with salt! About half way through this cleanse my sacrum and muscles around it and down my legs started almost contracting... you know like jumpy leg syndrome. It flared up at night and I missed some good sleep time. So I powered up some calcium, magnesium, and Himalayan salt. Tossed in some acupuncture topped off with a little cupping session, and I am almost good as new. Wow who would have thought. Salt. And what did I crave... celery... should have known.

So tonight I enter the final hours of the official cleanse. My kidneys feel loved and flushed out. My adrenal glands are well nourished. Life is good. I did skip a couple things on this cleanse because I didn't want to get packaged things that I couldn't reuse (the tinctures required... man I can always use more tinctures), but the other things I just said NO! And that part felt kind of empowering; to tell myself that it was ok to not follow the prescribed "protocol" with out being a jerk or anything, just standing by my personal values more.

This next week is going to be another adventure... a three day trip to the coast with a group of good friends. Things on my list to bring include: growlers/mason jars of beer from local breweries, home made v-8 juice for bloody mary brunch bar, granola, almond milk, those amazing snacks, and I kind of want to make my own chips, but I don't think I'll have time...

Soon I will get off of these little updates and start on some rants! Like did you know that the new Mercedes don't have dip sticks to check your oil? NO! The owner gets an email to find out their oil is low. What The Fuck!

If you are in Portland, stop and smell the flowers... February Fake out is in full bloom!

No comments: